2007-10-23

last two weeks

So, obviously I have been a little lazy writing here, which was most likely due to the unexpected high workload at the Korean course which makes me study in the library quite long every day...
20071013_WarMemorial

The weekend after the Korean writing contest, first I spent an amazing evening in Shillim in the good old Dick Tracy bar, just like in old days. On Saturday, I went to the Korean War Memorial. Unfortunately, we went a little late and realized just two hours certainly wouldn't be enough for a complex of that size. On Sunday I think I just tried to study but like always rather watched movies and played some games until the evening.

Last weekend, I met with Gaeul, a German literature student to practice my Korean and her German. We first went to a cafe and indeed spoke a lot of these two languages, but when we went to a supposedly German-style "Bräuhaus" for some beer (it was indeed not bad, however quite expensive) and to another bar later on, we somehow switched to English for the harder topics.
20071020_Namsan_Tower

On Saturday, I went up Namsan Tower with Martin and Sebastian from my University. So there's more pictures of Seoul from a high perspective now. Later, we met Urte, another German student, for going shopping in Myeongdong. Like always, not too much time, and so we left again after maybe two hours. I met up with my former buddy KD and his friend Seonu for talking and drinking some beer. Later on, I took one of the last subways to Hongdae to meet the other SNU exchange students..
Sunday I wanted to pay my rent. So I wrote a text message to my landlady, and she called me back... Unfortunately I was not able to understand a word, so I called Joseph for help. I was able to pay meeting the landlady by chance on my way out, but still later on met with Joseph to say thanks and to eat some Galbi. Later on, Gaeul joined us and we had some beer in a bar... once we found it, cause the first place we went to required us to order Sidedishes as well. That's actually not really what you need if you just ate a lot, so we left that one again in search for a better place :)


Well well... and then today I felt like taking some pictures on my way to school, so here they are:
20071023_waytoschool

And I'll be back to studying now

Keine Kommentare: